[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
starship-design: combined fuel-track/electron beam ?
Hey, here's a thought...
1) give the fuel pellets a net positive charge.
2) accelerate the pellets with magnetic and electrical means
3) launch the fuel so that the fastest part is launched first.
4) as the ship launches, beam electrons at it.
5) make the "Sail" large enough to catch all the electrons
(to keep them from re-combining with the fuel pellets)
Kevin "Tex" Houston http://umn.edu/~hous0042/index.html
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and
Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." A. Einstein