Re: starship-design: Pellet track

KellySt@aol.com wrote:

> >However, once broken down into charged particles, the plasma can
> >be directed with the magnetic fields in an energy conservative
> >way.  The electrons in a TV travel at around .75 c, and yet
> >TV tubes don't have to be many times longer than they are wide.
> >You could do the same thing with protons with magnetic fields
> >only a 1000 times stronger than a TV CRT's.

Interesting note: If a TV CRT was made long and wide enough, the waves
in it travel faster than light (sort of). Actually, its a trick nature
plays on us. Steve, you could probably explain this better (similar to
the superluminal scissors).

If we need powerful lasers, use the sun's plasma to generate laser
beams. It could be induced by nuclear warheads, or smaller lasers. I
read it in a web page somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Kyle Mcallister