RE: starship-design: Deceleration scheme (correction)

Timothy,

> There should be a 0.9 in the line above:  = A*0.0001*0.9*3E8*2.29
> It won't make much of a difference for the final outcome though.

No, it doesn't make much difference. The key here as you pointed out is that the
pressure of sunlight (Ps) drops off rapidly as you get farther away (inverse squared).
Although you threw me with the 100 day figure, upon reflection the velocity puts you
way beyond any useful range. I don't plan on taking a thousand years to get anywhere!

I had to work it through using Tsu's original formulae before I could figure out where
you were coming from.

Lee Parker

Timothy