Re: starship-design: Deceleration scheme

Jim wrote

>Sigh, I'm beginning not to like the sail concept as much.  It is simple
>and elegant, but between the deceleration problems, plus the difficulties
>of such mega-structure operation, and the power beam generation problems,
>I think the use of matter-antimatter and/or fusion ideas may be the
>ultimate best way to go.

Glad you realize that. (Actually that was my motivation for making that
summary about beaming ;)

However as long as anti-matter can't be made much more efficient than
transmission & transform efficiencies for beaming then it isn't likely to be
used.

Timothy