RE: starship-design: Fuel supplies

Kyle,

Its a good idea, but I think some science fiction author already thought of it. The problem lies in the composition of cometary ice and its appropriateness as fuel. Even, supposing that we are talking about simple secondary reaction mass for an antimatter rocket (which could extract the primary reaction mass from the cometary ice) it is still pretty difficult. But it would probably work.

Lee

                                                          (o o)
When I die, I want to go peacefully, in my sleep, like my grandfather...
not screaming like the people in his car.