Re: starship-design: Timothy's beamed power paper

Ahh, in my drawing of the configuration I should have
of course written "pushing truss", instead of "pulling truss"
(I have had always problems with rembering
what is "pull" and what is "push"  ;-)))

Warning: ASCII art follows (use a fixed font to view)

         ...  sail                  ...
          |                           \  shrouds to the sail
          |                            \
payload   |                             \
  ####    |       pushing truss           \       <---  beam
          |                             /
          |                            /
          |                           /  shrouds to the sail
         ...  sail                  ...