RE: starship-design: Re: Go Starwisps

Kelly,

We can't even determine telescopically whether MARS can support life and it is
practically next door. I don't want to seem like I'm being facetious, but I think a
resolution of 1 meter at 10 light years is reasonable. We might be able to spot
gross life forms at that resolution.

Lee

Actually The largest scope I mentioned was Hundreds of thousands of miles
across.  Thou the calculations are a good Idea.  To a degree you could scale
up the scopes to any size nessisary.  How big would it need to be?

"Science has 'explained' nothing; the more we know the more fantastic the
world becomes and the profounder the surrounding darkness."

-- Aldous Huxley, 1925