RE: starship-design: minor stuff

>wondered why it was not made from the beginning of this
>"mini-LIT" list (I still really do not understand why the old
>newsletter arrangement became defunct, as the WWW pages on SUNsite
>are accessible all the time...).
>
>-- Zenon

>From a while ago...

The old (OLD) arrangement was all done by hand.  At the
time I hadn't the knowledge to set up a real automated
mailing list.  I wrote a few perl routines to help me sort
the mail, then I compiled them by hand into digests every
few days, edited out extraneous characters or what-not,
and sent them out.  It was time consuming.  At one point
I accidentally overwrote the mailing list address file
(without a backup) and that's when we switched to normal
email.

-David