Re: Physics help

At 11:31 PM 5/16/96, Timothy van der Linden wrote:
>Hi Kelly,
>
>Rex letter made me look back at out letters from last week.
>
>When I use the following numbers:
>
>Vexh=0.0667c (2E7 m/s)
>dV  =0.3c    (9E7 m/s)
>
>and the classic rocket formula:
>
>M=Exp[dV/Vexh]
>
>I get:
>
>M=90
>
>and not the 148 (or 150) you seemed to get.
>
>Is this the reason for the confusion that had arised?
>

>Timothy

Well thats part of it.  It certainly doesn't give me a warm comfident
feeling when our numbers are that far apart!  Eiather we're talking about
something fundamentally different and don't realize it, one of us has a
blown calculator, or one of us is badly misappling some equation.

Kelly Starks                       Internet: kgstar@most.fw.hac.com
Sr. Systems Engineer
Magnavox Electronic Systems Company
(Magnavox URL: http://www.fw.hac.com/external.html)