Re: Mirrors (Round 3)

To Brain,

>Here is the idea.  Perhaps we could have these 10 km wide mirrors focus into
>a mirror aparatus connected to them.  This aparatus could refocus the beam
>and spit it out to the Asimov like a full blown maser.  The mirror complex
>should weigh less than the alternative maser generator hardware (I hope).  I
>wonder if  power losses due to reflection would beat out converting maser
>beams to electricity and then back to maser beams.

Please give me a clue about how this aparatus works. You cannot use curved
mirrors alone, since they are a priory not perfectly curved.
And if you have figured out how you can turn a diffusive beam of light into
a parallel beam using mirrors only, I'm very interested since that would be
worth some money.

Tim