Re: Engineering Newsletter

>We can't build a dragon-fly system? I don't agree with that. Just make a big
>(heavy) mirror and detach just before the Asimov is going to decelerate and
>the mirror is going to accelerate.

Lookout, here comes the novice again. :-)
If yoyu are thinking about dicarding the mirror or anything else, think
about dumping it as Reaction Mass into the drive and use it to help slow
this puppy down. Along with mass brought along just for this purpose a dent
could be made in slowing the ship. Deploy a second "sail/mirror" behind the
ship to feed solar  energy from TC into the drive to assist also.
think about simpler soultions.
The best Beads come from RD Designs.
Ric & Denisse Hedman