Upcoming Committee Meetings
Elected Faculty Committees 2009/2010
Faculty Advisory Council
Advises the President.
and enabling legislation. Chair:
Terms expiring in June 2010: Barbara Altmann (Romance Languages), Jeffrey Hurwit (Art History), Magid Shirzadegan (International
Terms expiring in June 2011: Warren S Ginsberg (English), Michael R Hames-Garcia (Ethnic Studies), Paul van
Donkelaar (Human Physiology), Robert Melnick (AAA - Landscape Architecture),
Rob Illig (Law), Virginia Cartwright (AAA - Architecture), John Russell (Library System).
Ex Officio the Senate President and the Senate Vice President
Personnel Committee Advises the Provost on Tenure and Promotion
Terms expiring in June 2010: Marina Guenza (Chemistry),
Beth Stormshak (Education - Counseling Psychology), Victor Ostrik (Mathematics)
Terms expiring in June 2011: Cynthia Vakareliyska (Linguistics), Michelle Wood (Biology), Gordon Sayre
(English), Daniel Rosenberg (Honors College/History), Jenny Young (AAA), Richard Hildreth (Law), Steve Vacchi
(Music), Tom Wheeler (Journalism)
Council advises the Dean of the Graduate School on matters pertaining
to graduate study at the University of Oregon.
Terms expiring in June 2010: Christian Cherry (Music and Dance),
Yuan Xu (Mathematics)
Terms expiring in June 2011:Karen McPherson (Romance Languages), Anita Weiss (International Studies), TBA - Social Sciences. Kim
Sheehan - At-Large (Journalism and Communication), John Russial (Journalism and Communication), Mary-Lyon Dolezal (Art History),
Benedict McWhirter (Education), Lynn Kahle (Business).
Terms expiring in June 2012: Frances White (Anthropology) - Social Sciences,
Dana Johnston (Geological Sciences) - Natural Sciences, Jocelyn Hollander (Sociology) - Social Sciences, Carol
Stabile (English/CSWS) -- Humanities
Appeal Committee. Deals with all formal faculty
grievances not within the jurisdiction of the Promotion/Tenure/Retention
Appeal Committee. For further details see OAR
Terms expiring in June 2010: Leah Middlebrook (Comparative Literature)
Terms expiring in June 2012: Virginia Cartwright (AAA), Paul van Donkelaar (Human Physiology), Alison Kwok
(AAA), Patricia A. Curtin (Journalism and Communication )
Committee:. Chair Dev Sinha
Elected members terms expiring in June 2010: Mandy Chong (EMU - Cultural Forum), Suzanne Rowe (Law),
Richard Taylor (Physics), Janet Wasko (Journalism and Communication), Ron Severson (Lundquist College of Business)
Elected members terms expiring in June 2011: Anita M Weiss (International Studies), Eric Pederson
(Linguistics), Dev Sinha (Mathematics), Edward Kameenui (Education), Kathleen M Scalise (Educational),
1. Kurt Krueger (Printing and Mailing Services).
- Students: Colin Rice, Kyle Blum, Kristen Hiraoka, Angela Gile, Sarah Wilson
Appointed representatives by the Senate:
Term expires June 2011 James Isenberg (Mathematics),
Term expires June 2010 Grace Golden (Human Physiology).
- Ex-officio, non-voting members
Mike Belotti (Athletics Director), and designees Melinda Grier, Renee Baumgartner, Laura Frieder-Hazlett, Gary
Gray, Tom Larson,Colleen Morgan, Mike Marlow, Dan Williams, Neal Zoumboukos
Student members terms: TBA
Appeal Committee: shall consider only formal grievances concerning
denial of promotion or denial of tenure (or denial of both) or failure
to renew an appointment in violation of the OAR
571-003- grievant's rights. Other grievances are dealt with by the
Grievance Appeal Committee.
- Terms expiring in June 2012: Peter Gilkey (Chair), Leslie Harris.
- Term expiring in June 2010: David Herrick.
Council email: email@example.com.
Chair Ian McNeely
- Term expiring June 2011: Amy Goeser Kolb (Music Theory), Tom Wheeler
- Terms expiring June 2012: Ian McNeely (History -- CHAIR), Dean Livelybrooks (Physics), Kathie Carpenter
(International Studies), Susan Anderson (German and Scandinavian), Ron Severson (Business), Karen McLaughlin
(College of Education).
Ex Officio: Karen Sprague, Vice Provost Undergraduate Student, Andrew Bonamici,
Sue Eveland (Registrar), Hilary Gerdes, Mike Eyster,
Chair of committee on courses,
Chair Academic requirements committee
Chair CAS curriculum committee
Chair Scholastic Review Committee
of administration (See also
: The Officers of Administration Council serves as a liaison
to central administration through the Vice President for Administration
and facilitates communication, information sharing, and collegiality among
OAs. The OA Council is one of approximately forty standing academic and
administrative committees on the University of Oregon campus. Council members
meet once each month.
on Committees Chair: Senate Vice President ex officio.
This is a senate committee that deals with the appointed University Committees.
- Terms end 30 June 2010: Shelly Elliot, Linda Leon, David Espinoza, Tenaya Meaux
- Terms end 30 June 2011: Jesse Steward (University Scheduling - EMU),
David Landrum (Financial Services)
InterInstitutional Faculty Senate
This is an OUS committee whose UO representatives are elected by the UO Senate:
Dejing Dou (Term expires 15 June 2012), Peter Gilkey (Term Expires 15 June 2012), Erin Moore (Term expires 15 June 2011).
Term expiring June 2010:Randall McGowan - History,
Jim Imamura - Physics,
Matt Roberts - Law,
Holly Arrow - Psychology.
Term expiring June 2011: Deb Carver (Library), John Conery (Computer and Information Science), David Hulse
(AAA, Landscape Architecture), Rob Illig (Law), Ed Kameenui (Special Education)
University and Administrative Committees for 2009-2010
Term expiring June 2010: John Bergland, Heather Bottorff, Andrew Goble, Cathleen Leue
Term expiring June 2011: Victor Ostrik, James Snodgrass, Glenda Utsey
Student members: Ian Fielding, Ryan Roach, Rachel Graham.
Ex Officio: Jennifer Joslin, Jim Gilmour, Sue Eveland (Registrar).
Term expiring June 2010: Pending appointment
Term expiring June 2011: TBA
Ex officio: Kay Coots, Environ. Health & Safety, Monte Matthews, Vet
Serv & Animal Care, Lynette Schenkel, ORCR, Maeve Sowles, Biosafety
Officer (ex officio)
Planning Committee: Chair Gregg Lobisser
Care and Family Support -- Karen Logvin (Convenor)
Term expiring June 2010: Leslie Bennett, Carole Daly, George Rowe, Eric Selker, Donald Corner.
Term expiring June 2011: Tom Driscoll Housing, Donald Harris, Douglas Kennett, Chicora Martin, Andrzej
- Classified Staff: Phil Carroll
- Patricia Southwell - term expires June 2011
- Students: Andrew Crampton, Jackson Hite, Alexandra Hawes, Colin Schless, Molly Promes,
Ex Officio: Scott Coltrane (or designee), Molly
Sirois, Campus Operations director or designee, Chris Ramey, Rich Linton, Gregg
Stripp, Frances Dyke, Gregg Lobisser, AAA
representative, Rob Thallon
Classified Staff: TBA
staff training and development: See Information
on Courses -- Paul Engelking (Chair).
Curricular Change Procedures
Term expiring June 2010: Deb Casey, Shelia Stigall.
- Term expiring June 2011: No members
Classified Staff: TBA
Students: Kelsey Trummel, Cecilia Fuleki, Robert Henderson, Sandy Weintraub
Ex Officio, non voting: Carol Snead, Dir. Vivian Olum Child Develop Center
Karen Logvin, Work and Family Services Admin, Convenor
Peggy Veltman, Coord. Moss St. Children's Center
Gretchen Jewett, Coord of Non-traditional Student Programs
On Scholarships -- (Convenor)
- Terms expire 2010: Jack Boss, Paul Engleking
- Terms expire 2011: Shlomo Libeskind, Jens Nockel
- Term expiring June 2012: Paul Peppis, Frances White
- Students: Alex McCafferty, Elizabeth Aldrich
- Ex officio members (nonvoting):
Andrew Wahlstrom (Academic Advising
designee), Sue Eveland (Registrar -Convenor),
John Crosiar (Creative Publishing),
Scott Skelton (Creative Publishing),
Mike Jefferis (Staff),
Marian Friestad (Graduate Dean).
Service Award and Honorary Degree -- Dave Hubin (Chair)
Term expiring June 2010: Alexandre Dossin, Katrina McGee, David Luebke
- Term expiring June 2011: Bill Harbaugh, John Nicols, Nadia Ceccacci, Brenda Tuomi, David Levin, Dala Gant,
Scott Pratt, Mark Watson, Alexander Kleschev, Foundation Representative.
- Students: Hang Vuong, Anthony Rimel
Ex Offico: Brian Henley, Michelle Holdway
(Convenor), Carla Gary, Erika (Christofferson) Funk.
Distinguished Teaching Award -- Russ Tomlin (Convenor)
Term expiring June 2010: James Mohr, John Bergland, Lynn Kahle, Jane Gordon.
- Term expiring June 2011: Naomi Zack
Graduate Council Chair ;
Undergraduate Council Chair;
Dave Hubin, President's Office, Chair;
Dan Rodriguez, Alumni Director;
University Senate President;
President, Student Senate;
Associate Vice President for Public and Government Affairs.
Issues: Chair Art Farley
Term expiring June 2010: Daniel Pope (History); Gina Psaki (Romance Languages)
- Term expiring June 2011: Daniel Close, Leah MIddlebrook, Linda Kintz.
Student member: Andrew Moreland.
Ex Officio, non voting: Russ Tomlin (Convenor).
Study Programs: Chair Robert Haskett
Term expiring June 2010: Williams Cresko, Fred Tepfer, Mary Wood, Mark Reed, Terrie Scharfer, TBA
- Term expiring June 2011: Deborah Exton, Jennie Leander, Nico Larco, Alan Dickman
- Classified Staff: Peg Gearhart, Chris Baird.
- Students: Zach Stark-MacMillan, Wesley Thompson, Amelie Rousseau
Ex Officio: Chris Ramey, University Planner or designee;
Kay Coots, Dir. Environ. Health & Safety or designee;
Steve Mital, committee coordinator.
Memorial Award Chair
Term expiring June 2010: Nadia Ceccacci, Hao Wang, Andrew Goble, Jeffrey Measelle, Massimo Lollini.
- Term expiring June 2011: Raymond King, Jeffrey Magoto, Virgina Lo, Andrew Verner, Robert Haskett
- Students: Peilin Xie, Heather LeFevre, Katherine Robinson
Ex Officio: Estelle Brunner, rep. Registrar's Office; Kathy Poole, International Affairs.
Term expiring June 2010: Christopher Murray, Martha Bayless
- Term expiring June 2011: James Imamura
Ex Officio: Gwen Steigelman, Secretary of the Faculty; FAC chair
Gay, Bisexual & Transgender Concerns -- Chicora Martin (Convenor)
Term expiring June 2010: Pending appointment
- Term expiring June 2011: TBA
Ex officio: Dietrich Belitz, Assoc Dean for Natural Sciences, Kay Coots,
Dir, Environ Health and Safety, Lynette Schenkel, Dir, Office for Responsible
Conduct of Research, Maeve Sowles, Lab/Bio Safety Officer.
committee -- Deborah Carver (Convenor)
Term expiring June 2010: Randal Collins, Carol Jones, Bruce Tabb, TBA
- Classified Staff: Risa Bear, Melanie Haley.
- Term expiring June 2011: Brandy Ota, Virginia Cartwright, Alexandre Albert-Galtier
- Students: Jennifer Nicholls, Daniel McCall, Ross Logan, Ben Fisher
ex officio, non voting:rep. Public Safety, Hilary Gerdes, Linda King, Heather
Dumas, Dave Hubin, AA/EO rep, Chicora Martin (Convenor).
Committee (Nontenure-track Faculty) co-Chairs: Michelle Henney and Ali Emami
Term expiring June 2010: Vallon Burris, Frances Cogan, Gordon Sayre, Marilyn Linton, Steven van Enk
- Term expiring June 2011: Patricia Curtin, Alisa Freedman, Daniel Pope, MIchael Young
- Students: Sheila McGraw, Ericka Staples
Deborah Carver (convenor, ex officio).
Scholarships and Grants Chair
Term expiring June 2010: Michele Henney, Leland Roth, Mary Jaeger, Robert Davis
- Term expiring June 2011: Ali Emani, ALison Evans, Amanda Powell, Ina Asim, Rebekah Hanley
- Students: Laura Johnson, Aaron Boothby
Ex Officio -- Russ Tomlin
Access Committee This is obsolete information
and possibly not reliable
Committee for the Protection of Human Subjects (CPHS)
Term expiring June 2010: Don Harris, Aki Kamata, Anne Parmigiani
- Term expiring June 2011: Zena Ariola, Martha Bayless, Carl Bjerre, Ken Calhoon, Elisabeth Chan, James
Harper, Dick Koch, Nagesh Murthy, Robert O'Brien, Craig Parsons, Cynthia Stenger Riplinger, Anita Weiss, Louise Westling.
Ex Officio: Dala Gant, Kathy Poole.
This committee has split into two committees.
- COMMITTEE FOR THE PROTECTION OF HUMAN SUBJECTS
INSTITUTIONAL REVIEW BOARD (IRB) #1 - 190
- U of O Faculty Members (Voting):
Deborah Olson (Chair), Special Education; Gerard Saucier (Vice Chair),
Psychology; Richard Albin, Special Education; Debra Eisert,
Human Development; Art Farley, Computer & Information Science; Andrew Karduna*, Human
Physiology; Li Shan Chou (*Alternate), Human Physiology; Juliana Kyrk (Director), Office for Protection of
Human Subjects; Ken McClain, M.D., UO Health Center; Geraldine
Moreno, Anthropology; Kim Sheehan, Journalism; Anne Simons,
Psychology; Deanne Unruh, Special Education.
- Community Members (Voting):
Ron Chase (Prisoner Advocate) Sponsors, Inc.; Carles Stephens, Evaluation Specialist (retired, School District
4J); Mary Ellen West, United Way
- Ex Officio (Non-Voting) Lynette Schenkel*, Assistant Vice President, Responsible Conduct of Research;
Catherine Coyle (*Alternate), Compliance Coordinator, Responsible Conduct of Research
- COMMITTEE FOR THE PROTECTION OF HUMAN SUBJECTS
INSTITUTIONAL REVIEW BOARD (IRB) #2 - IRB00005841
U of O Faculty Members
Gary Klug (Chair) Human Physiology;
Ken McClain, M.D. (Vice Chair) UO Health Center;
Li-Shan Chou* Human Physiology;
Andrew Karduna (*Alternate) Human Physiology;
Juliana Kyrk (Director) Office for Protection of Human Subjects;
Deborah Olson Special Education;
Paul Qualtere-Burcher, M.D. Philosophy, PeaceHealth & OHSU Clinical Assistant Professor;
Jeffrey Todahl Counseling Psychology and Human Services;
- Community Members
Marc Garant, M.D., Radiologist Willamette Valley Imaging;
Dawn Gregg Pastor;
Laine Murphey, M.D., Ph.D. Oregon Medical Group;
Jason Tavakolian, M.D. Slocum Center for Orthopedic & Sports Medicine;
Loren Barlow, M.D., Internist, Retired.
- Ex Officio (Non-voting)
Kay Coots Director, Environmental Health & Safety;
Lynette Schenkel* Assistant Vice President, Responsible Conduct of Research;
Catherine Coyle (*Alternate) Compliance Coordinator, Office for Responsible
Conduct of Research;
and Technology Transfer Advisory -- This has been discontinued
Advisory -- Ltc Thomas Lingle (Convenor)
- Terms expire 9/10:
Vicki DeRose, Chemistry; Eric Selker, Biology (Chair), John Halliwell, Human Physiology
- Term expires 9/11: Andy Berglund, Chemistry
- Term expiring 9/12: Ken Prehoda, Chemistry. Catherine Coyle, Alternate (non-voting)
Designee for VP, Finance & Admin;
Kay Coots, Env. Health & Safety;
Don Elting, Radiation Safety Officer;
Juliana Kyrk, IRB Program Officer;
Lynette Schenkel, ORCR.
Term expiring June 2010: David Fowler, Norman Myers
- Term expiring June 2011: Holly Arrow, N. Christopher Phillips
- Students: Conrad Hulen, Bryan Longoria
Ex Officio: Head, Military Science; Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.
Student members: TBA
Review -- Chair Elizabeth Reis
- Term expires 9/10:
Ernie Svensson, Facilities (OA Rep);
Gary Malone, Facilities (SEIU Classified rep);
Bonnie Damewood, Housing;
Tom Kelsey, Housing (SEIU Classified Rep);
Sue Martinez, Housing (HR Classified Rep).
- Term expiring 9/11: TBA
Kay Coots, Environmental Health & Safety;
Michelle Gillette, Environmental Health & Safety;
Herb Horner, Public Safety;
Drew Standridge, Public Safety.
of Women --
This committee has been abolished pursuant to
Conduct and Community Standards Committeee -- Convenor Carl Yeh, Director of
Student Conduct and Community Standards
Term expiring June 2010: Elizabeth Reis, James Imamura, John Foster, Jeanne Coe.
- Term expiring June 2011: Lisa Gilman, Kathleen Roberts, David Wacks, Jane Walster.
- Students: Lindsay Reichardt, Jason Broome, Amanda Hilts, Nick Gower
Ex Officio: Sue Eveland (University Registrar), Deborah Casey, Shelly Kerr, Lori
Manson, Lyllye Parker, and Steve Stolp.
Conduct Hearings Panel -- Convenor Carl Yeh, Director of Student Conduct and
Community Standards See also
Term expiring June 2010: Margaret Mahoney, Fabienne Moore, Malcolm Wilson.
- Term expiring June 2011: Cathleen Leue.
- Students: Anthony Dundon, Kristine Jensen, Anthony Merrill, Nolan Gary
Ex Officio: Sandy Schoonover (or designee) -- Director of Residence Life;
Carl Yeh -- Director of Student and Conduct and Community Standards;
Hilary Berkman -- Director of Student Advocacy.
Four Students: TBA
Committee on Grievances -- Russ Tomlin (Convenor). See also
- Term expiring 2011:
Anne Forrestel, Business;
Paul Dassonville, Psychology;
Caroline Vanderkar-Moore, International Affairs;
Dennis Munroe, PE & Rec.
- Term expiring 2010:
Nicholas Proudfoot, Mathematics;
Stephen Shoemaker, Religious Studies;
David Fowler, Library;
- Ex officio Member
Carl Yeh, Dir of Student Cond & Comm Standards, Convenor
Health Advisory Committee -- Mike Eyster, Convenor
Term expiring June 2010: Anthony Hornof (CIS)
- Term expiring June 2011: McKay Sohlberg
- Student Trimaine Belton.
Ex Offico: Russ Tomlin
Students: Sandy Weintraub
Research Awards -- Chair
- Term ends June 2010: Chantelle Russell, Physical Ed; Beverly Smith, Athletics;
Matt Roberts, Law School.
- Term expiring June 2011: Vincent Lombardi, Gary Klug, Janis Weeks, Williams Roberts.
- Ex officio:
Mike Eyster, UHC Director;
Daralyn DeHaven-Murdoch, UHC Administrator;
Ernie Pressman, Staff Benefits Administrator;
Shelly Kerr, Counseling Center;
Becky Megerssa, Office of Int'l Programs;
Rameth Leigh, Peer Health Promotion UHC;
Paula Staight, Health Promotion UHC;
(Kim Barker, Committee Coordinator), UHC.
Reduction, Retirement, Emeriti -- Russ Tomlin (Convenor)
Term expiring June 2010: Shanka Chakraborty, Lisa Wolverton, Mary-Lyon Dolezal;
Christopher Ellis, Economics
- Term expiring June 2011: Ronald Mitchell, Steve Fickas, Mary Wood, Dan Rosenberg, James Harper,
Roxi Thoren, TBA
Ex Officio: Moira Kiltie.
Appeals Board -- Eli Awtrey (Convenor)
- Term expiring June 2010: Lou Osternig.
- Term expiring June 2011: Frank Stahl, James Mooney
Ex Officio: Russ Tomlin, UO Benefits Officer
Transparency Committee -- Bill Harbaugh (Chair) *Committee approved May 12, 2010 through Motion US09/10-7
- Term expiring June 2010: Norman Myers
- Term expiring June 2011: Dietrich Moore
- Students: Robert Greene, Diego Hernandez
- Classified Staff: Abigail Jorgenson, Julie Harding
Ex Officio: Eli Awtrey (Convenor).
Classified Staff TBA
Appeals Board Convenor Carl Yeh, Director of Student Conduct and Community Standards
- Term expiring June 2011: Roberta Mann (Law)
- Term expiring June 2012: Bill Harbaugh (Economics), Gordon Sayre (English)
- Ex Officio: Doug Park (UO Public Records Officer/Office of General Counsel)
University Hearings Board -- see Student
Conduct Hearings Panel above.
Emerald Board of Directors:
- Term expiring June 2010: N. Christopher Phillips
- Term expiring June 2011: Deborah Bauer, Catherine Laskaya
- Student: Ben Fisher, Trimaine Belton, Steven Rutledge
- Ex Officio: Director of Student Conduct and Community Standards (Convenor)
EMU Board of Directors:
- Melody Leslie, Member, Oregon Daily Emerald Board of Directors
- Mandy Chong, UO Cultural Forum - Chair and CEO, Oregon Daily Emerald Board of Directors (staff rep expires 2011)
- Tim Gleason, Journalism (faculty rep expires 2011)
Family Housing Board:
- Term expires 2010: Kathleen Lenn, William Sherman, Patrick Chinn
- Term expires 2010: Margaret Hoff
- Term expires 2011: Carl Yeh
CAS Dean's Advisory Committee
- Term expiring June 2010: TBA
- Term expiring June 2011: Jim Crosswhite (English), Jennifer Freyd (Psychology), Chris Ellis
(Economics), Dan Tichenor (Political Science).
|Last update 9 June 2010 by ms