MOTION US03/04-2 - Addition of University Senate members to
Notification List for notices of intended action regarding OARs.
Proposed by: Gina Psaki, Romance Languages
For action at: October 8, 2003 University Senate meeting
Be it MOVED that:
(a) Upon passage of this motion by the Senate, the Secretary shall submit to the Rules
Coordinator the names and addresses (email and campus mail) of all members of the
Senate, requesting that those names be added to the Notification List of persons to
receive notices of intended action as defined in ORS 183.330.
- (b) Each year, within 48 hours of election of new Senators, the Secretary
of the Senate shall request that the names and addresses of all new Members of
the Senate be added to the List defined in (a)
- (c) Following Senate elections, the Secretary will notify each departing
Senator by e-mail that his/her name will be dropped from the List unless
he/she responds to the e-mail letter, requesting to have his/her name remain
on the List.
- (d) Should the Rules Coordinator use e-mail to notify of OAR changes, and
should an e- mail letter be returned as undeliverable, the Rules Coordinator
will repeat the notification by means of campus mail.
- (e) At the first Senate Meeting of each Academic year, the Rules
Coordinator shall submit to the UO Senate a complete, current, alphabetized
list of persons to receive copies of notices of action as defined by ORS
Explanation from relevant legislation (abbreviated) found at
(2) Each state agency that adopts rules shall appoint a rules coordinator and file a copy of
that appointment with the Secretary of State. The rules coordinator shall:
(c) Keep and make available the mailing list required by ORS 183.335 (8).
ORS 183.335 (8) Any person may request in writing that an agency
mail to the person copies of its notices of intended action given pursuant to
subsection (1) of this section. Upon receipt of any request the agency shall
acknowledge the request, establish a mailing list and maintain a record of all
mailings made pursuant to the request. Agencies may establish procedures for
establishing and maintaining the mailing lists current and, by rule, establish
fees necessary to defray the costs of mailings and maintenance of the lists.
ORS 183.335 (1)
(1) Prior to the adoption, amendment or repeal of any rule, the agency shall give notice of
its intended action:
(a) In the manner established by rule adopted by the agency under ORS 183.341 (4),
which provides a reasonable opportunity for interested persons to be notified of the
agency's proposed action;
- (b) In the bulletin referred to in ORS 183.360 at least 21 days prior to
the effective date;
- (c) At least 28 days before the effective date, to persons who have
requested notice pursuant to subsection (8) of this section; and