Re: starship-design: How to build a station.

KellySt@aol.com wrote:
> >How about a fractal wing? triangular pattern --  smallest shapes
> >hypersonic, middle pattern sonic, outer pattern sub-sonic.

> Not really since its harder to test and you want make lift drag for highest
> sppeds in rentry.

It might be harder design, but all wings are harder to test at the
very high speeds.The advantage with a fractal wing is that
it is full of holes. if designed right really hot air would flow
out the holes, yet for slower speeds with higher air density
would plug the holes.

>--
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...
 We borrow it from our children."
The Lagging edge of technology:
http://www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk/woodelf/index.html