Re: starship-design: VASIMR

In a message dated 1/22/00 7:38:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lparker@cacaphony.net writes:

> Untitled StationerySeveral recent conversations started me thinking about
>  plasma engines again. I just got around to doing a new search on VASIMR
this
>  morning. It seems that Rice has put a great site up on it with lots of
>  information. If anybody wants to learn about a REAL plasma engine that is
>  currently test firing (not just a drawing on paper) the link is:
>
>  http://spacsun.rice.edu/aspl/
>
>  The current design ( ground test unit) is a 10 MW unit and is capable of an
>  ISP up to 10^22 n(m^-3). They have posted a nice chart showing the expected
>  upgrade path to a 100 MW device by 2018. There is also a great graphic of a
>  Mars Pathfinder vehicle.

Checked site out top to bottom all that was seen are working diagrams
(drawings on paper) no built engine operating photographs just some expected
engine specs and a lot of hype. Fastest rocket on drawing board remains mine.
Notice they did not have a plasma rocket engine but magnetoplasma plans as
the plasma name is on my patent and my prior invention. If you want to see
sometihing real see my letter from the patent office stating my invention has
significant utility for NASA. Even if they do build and test fire in future.
It is so s l o w wwww next to my real plasma rocket engine.

 <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/tjac780754/indexb.htm">Plasma Rocket Engine</