Re: starship-design: Casimir-Foreward balloon

"L. Parker" wrote:

> The pool of energy is so large that if we do manage to tap it we had best be
> VERY careful. The "accidental" release of the energy contained in only a few
> cubic centimeters would vaporize a planet...
>
> Maybe this is one of those children with matches things. We should leave it
> alone until we are older and wiser!
>
> Lee

I see Zero-point energy as the grease the keeps the universe moving.
Tap that and the unverse will stop moving. :)
Check out January's Scientific Americian for a good blurb on zero-point energy,
negitive energy
and space warps.

--
"We do not inherit our time on this planet from our parents...
 We borrow it from our children."