RE: starship-design: Re: This and That.

-----Original Message-----
From:	Ken Wharton [SMTP:wharton@physics.ucla.edu]
Sent:	Wednesday, June 18, 1997 5:33 PM
To:	starship-design@lists.uoregon.edu
Subject:	starship-design: Re: This and That.

Kevin,

The issue you bring up

Edited for brevity

My feeling, though, is that the "new quantum" will turn out to dash a lot of hopes.  Either way, though, the Copenhagen Interpretation is almost assuredly on the way out.

The only thing certain about this statement is that the interpretation will assuredly change in the next dozen or so years and probably again a dozen or so after that. I see no basis for assuming that the new interpretation will either eliminate or enable FTL...I would like to direct the reader's attentionto the "signature file" at the end.

Lee Parker

Long experience has taught me not to believe in the limitations indicated by purely theoretical considerations. These - as we well know - are based on insufficient knowledge of all the relevant factors."

Guglielmo Marconi