Re: starship-design: Europa

At 4:25 PM 8/14/96, Philip Bakelaar wrote:
>At 02:28 PM 8/14/96 -0500, Kelly Starks x7066 MS 10-39 wrote:
>>>I.E.

>>>Soon the alien starships will enter the Solar System and remove all
>>>doubt :-)  We could then pick their brains for design concepts.
>>
>>If they're big disks, hovering over our major cities, I'm going to be
>>pissed!  ;)
>
>Remember guys, all you need is a Macintosh, and we can all save the world!

Was there ever a doubt?

>(Let's just hope The Brain is a faithful IBM user!) ;)

>>>I actually wasn't that shocked by the concept; my reaction to
>>>"Extraterrestrial life found" would be "Well, duh."  Considering the
>>>tenuous nature of their evidence, I'm waiting to hear about further
>>>results and analysis of that meteorite to see if anything more
>>>conclusive develops.
>>
>>Agreed.  It looks likely.  By then it always did.
>
>I wonder if their announcement was a little premature? (Surely they
>didn't have the Martian single-cell action figures made yet?) :)
>But seriously... ???

They did too!, and they're doing great in the ameoba-are-us stores!  8)

>>It might at least get NASA to consider the possibility of active life forms
>>in their designs.  (Admin desision was that we proved nothing alive is at
>>Mars.  And people wounder why D.C. shouldn't be trusted with hard
>>questions.)
>
>They really said that, huh? Amazing...
>
>Ben

The policy was (and probably still is) that the question of current life on
Mars is closed.  Thats why they only talk about discovering fossil life.

Kelly Starks                    Phone: (219) 429-7066    Fax: (219) 429-6859
Sr. Systems Engineer                                     Mail Stop: 10-39
Hughes defense Communications
1010 Production Road, Fort Wayne, IN 46808-4106
Email:  kgstar@most.fw.hac.com