Re: Still Javascript

At 10:25 PM 7/18/96 GMT, Rex & Timothy wrote:
>Kelly wrote:
>
>>I did order one and should be geting it soon, but I will be careful not to
>>use it for anything I submit to L.I.T.  Since I was interested in adding
>>the features in your equations to L.I.T. (assuming they work of course).
>>That would take a non Java version.
>
>Of course it works, I tested it myself, there may be a few small bugs in it,
>but the main thing works.
>
>>In a year Java could be a forgotten fad, replaced with the next hot thing.
>>(Java server?)  In anyevent most browsers, and most users now don't have
>>it.
>
>The next hot thing could only be a better scripting language, I doubt if it
>would be worth the effort (Java still has some expansion possibilities).

If anyone actually keeps up with their computer news, they would know that
all the major companies (encompassing IBM, Microsoft, Apple and/or Macintosh,
and all the other big names) have a deal with Sun where JavaChips will be
installed in all new releases starting at a future date. (I can't remember
what.) Now, even though companies are bound to make mistakes, I don't think
that the biggest names in computing are going to invest millions in a
"passing fad". Then again, I could be wrong, but I sincerely doubt that,
given the evidence on my side. :)

DOES anyone here keep up with computer news? I mean, I know you guys are
busy and all, but lemme know if you like want me to tell you or
anything. I realize most of you use computers every day, but stil..
its just an offer.

Ben