Re: new web site/status report.

to: Kevin C Houston

Hum?  why didn't I get this at work?  All I got was something from Rex.  Big
time company, cheap mail system. :(

I was begining to wounder why no one was commenting!

> Hey Kelly, I want a word with you.   >:-)

> I read your status report on the new server. ( a overall
> good job, but  that's beside the point)

Not to Me!  ;)

> I wish to take extreme umbrage where you stated
>  (and I quote)

> "How far did we get so far?  Well we have a couple ideas
> that might work.  The Explorer class could get you to
> the nearer star systems in a usable amount of time; if
> can mine enough fuel to feed them, and can pay for all
> the infrastructure they'd need.  The microwave powered
> craft have some bugs (and an incredible thirst for power)
> so they might not be possible, and are very likely to
> be extreemly impractical."
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> "extreemly (sic) impractical."?  I beg to differ.  The
> Mars design is far more practical (At 1G continuous
> thrust) than any other design on the table.  Show me
> another design that gets us there as fast.  Even the
> antimatter rockets can't get up to .99 lightspeed with a
> mass ratio of 52.  Yes, they're going to be big and hungry,
> but considering the benefits in time dialation, I think
> it's well worth the cost.

??  Ah, when you start by having to solar panel Mercury in order to power the
thing and add in such huge sails, and arnt sure you have brakes; I begin to
doubt.  ;(

> You obviously can't be trusted with being impartial where
> our respective designs are involved  ;)  Therefore I have
> no choice but to help you in this matter to assure a fair
> and even treatment for the MARS.

Great!  I'll even throw in a custom cool header for your MARS system.

> That said, I must say I like the overall design and summary,
>  as well as the cool headers.  May I redesign Kelly_bar.jpg
> for myself, so as to maintain the document's overall
> integrity?

Sure, but I think different 'Projects'  Explorer, MARS, Argosy, etc  (I think
we need to work up an anti matter one). should have destinctive headers.
 Also Star Ship Design Project.  Maybe I'll tinker with my3d graphic program.
 Need to get serious about job hunting thou.  I want to be out of here by
late summer.

Glad you liked it (and that I don't need to rough out MARS by myself!)

Kelly