Re: Orbit B

Kelly:
> Anyway for the system to work the beam reflectors would need to hold place
> for years.  Which orbital mechanics wouldn't allow.
>
> The problem of the beam push on the other hand is critical, and I'm surprised
> I didn't think of this (maybe this cold is worse than I think?).  The
> reflectors would be boosting at 10 m/s/s from the beam. FGorget about orbits.
>  You won't even say in the star system!

Which is why i proposed building the tmaser array on a small innersystem
planet.  (like mercury)

> Follwing the beam might be possible if the angular change was minimal.  But
> given the high speeds and accelerations involved I'm suspicious.

but of ourse the angular change would be very minimal if you are talking
about a circle the size of mecury's orbit and a length of twelve light years
so actually, the best orbit for the maser array is the closest one you
can get.

Kevin