RE: Engineering Newsletter

Um, gang, you may have noticed that the LIT site has disappeared.
In fact, EVERYTHING at SunSITE is --gone--.  They had several
major failures and are still trying to figure out what went wrong.  So
far it seems even the backups are unrecoverable.  When they restore
what they can, I was thinking about moving it all anyway.  I don't know
yet what's going to happen.  Eventually, what I want to do (if possible...
I don't know yet), is bring my Linux machine (a 100mhz pentium) into
work, plug it in to the network, and give all you guys some disk space
and an account.  This way LIT can be a much more collaborative thing.
Anyway, if that doesn't happen, I'll still find out a way to get as much
back on-line as I can.

And I don't know if I've gotten all the "issues" of this version of the
newsletter - - but when we're back up, if anyone's been archiving
the stuff (I've been keeping what I've been getting), please send it
to me.   One of my big projects at work has been a very powerful
search engine... and guess what huge archive is going to benefit
from this search engine....

--
David Levine
Application Engineer - InterWorld