Brief Summary of Contents of Week #
Go to week number | 1
| 2 | 3
| 4 | 5
| 6 | 7
| 8 | 9
| 10 | 11
Northwest Council for Computer Education. The
conference is being held in Portland, Oregon this year. In
lieu of a class meeting, the expectation is that class
members will attend the conference.
Some Specific Objectives and Topics for Week # 2
- Experience firsthand what goes on in a well run,
large ICT in education conference designed for K-12
educators and teachers of teachers.
- NCCE is an Organization Affiliate of the
International Society for Technology in Education. ISTE
has a number of such Organization Affiliates.
- Regional Affiliates such as NCCE are mainly run by
volunteers. Such volunteer work is a good way to develop
a professional career that is on a regional, state, and
- Attending conferences such as the NCCE conference and
the ISTE conference is a good way to improve one's
professional knowledge of ICT and to meet people with
similar interests and goals.
- The Home Page for the Northwest Council for Computer
Education is at http://www.ncce.org/.
- The registration Website for the conference is at
There is a special $50 registration fee for
- The Oregon Council for Computer Education was created
in 1971 by a group of about 45 people who meet at Lane
Community College in Eugene, Oregon. (Dave Moursund was
one of the people who participated in this "founding"
process. ) Over time the organization expanded to cover
the Northwest and changed its name to NCCE.