Learning Check, more ANOVA
1. If a research article presented the results of an analysis of variance as "F(2,38) = 3.60, p < .05," how many groups were there in the study?
2. A(n) __________ is when the influence of one independent variable changes
according to the level of another independent variable.
3. How many independent variables does a 2 X 2 X 2 factorial design have?
4. Which of the following graphs shows an interaction effect? _______
5. What do you look at to determine this? ________________________
Graph A, B, C
NOTE: I used the graphs from the handout on French & U.S.
comedians and actors, and just relabelled the variables. A is the
one with two flat lines. B is the one with two lines that come
together (converge). C is the one with two lines that cross.
2. interaction effect
4. b & c
5. Whether lines are parallel