University of Oregon - Department of Architecture - ARCH 408/508
Cheng, Summer 1998
Assignment 2 - Repetitive Bay System
June 24, 1998
- To model structual elements with dimensional control
- To explore design possibilities inherent in geometric transformations
I. Create the original:
Find an example of a structural bay system which has enough information so you can draw elements to scale.
- Model key components of the system (columns, beams, panels).
- Assemble the components to create a single bay.
II. Make 3 Parametric Variations:
- With attention to grouping possibilities, use scaling operations to transform the
bay. Try finding new alternates that change the reading of the components.
III. Post it on your Web Page
Taking the same viewpoint, save PICT images of
Using Photoshop, create a single image which has all four images and Export it as a GIF 89a image called picture2.GIF.
- the original bay
- your 3 variations
Use Fetch or FTP to put the image into your Web page.
For the ambitious:
Explore how your bays can be combined to create a larger structure.
edited June 21, 1998 by